“Fur Friend Rescue” 项目是非营利组织“小大师聚乐部” 下众多的项目之一。这个组织已经成立了有7年多的时间，在西雅图的华人社区中已经早已是家喻户晓。小大师的宗旨是“家长搭台,孩子唱戏”-即由家长发起项目，由孩子们负责各项职责. 通过具体的项目操作给孩子们学习和成长的机会，最后让孩子们逐渐成为项目的核心力量和领导者。
“Fur Friend Rescue” is one of projects from a non-profit organization called “Little Masters Club”. This organization has been established for more than seven years and has become a household name in Seattle’s Chinese community. The goal of the Little Master Club is “parents set up the stage, children sing the opera” – that is, the parents initiate one project and the children are responsible for various duties. The children would learn and grow through these specific projects, and gradually become the leaders of the project.
For more information, please visit us at http://ffr.littlemastersclub.org
We not only help stray dogs find their forever homes, but also hope that through the project, the children will learn to respect animals, love animals, learn to communicate and have a sense of responsibility, so as to achieve our goal of developing and training children’s executive ability and leadership.
The stray dogs base of Baoen temple in Shanghai, the organizations that need help to save stray dogs, and our local adoption agencies in Seattle.
- 通过建立英文网站和社交媒体网页，让更多的人了解”Fur Friend Rescue”.
- Let more people know about our “Fur Friend Rescue” project by setting up websites and social media pages
- The children will continue to update and maintain our website and webpages
- Work that the children participate in, but the parents are responsible for: the adoption family qualification check, phone interviews, inspect the adoption families in person and so on.
- The children will follow up on the adoption families in Seattle later on.
- To fundraise at local companies, or raise money for the stray dog shelter base in Shanghai through charity sales and other forms.
- The children will volunteer at local stray dog adoption centers.
- Submit your online application (even if you are not sure which dog you want).
Please note that we will not necessarily give the dogs to the first families to apply, but are trying to find the most suitable family for them. As we are 100% run by volunteers, it may take 1-3 working days to process your application. When your initial application is accepted by us, you will receive our email notification.
- Telephone interview.
We will have a phone interview with the adoption families. This is to further determine whether the dog is suitable for your family and your lifestyle.
- In-home inspection
Our volunteers will go to your home to make sure your home environment is suitable for the dog, and also observe the interaction between your family members and other pets.
4.Looking for flying volunteers
Once the adoption family is confirmed, volunteers at the Baoen temple will spay/neuter the dog and start actively looking for flying volunteers.
（Due to the reduction of flights between China and the United States during the epidemic period, it will take longer to find a flying volunteer. So we will put your dog in a temporary foster family before we find a flight volunteer. At the same time,the volunteers will give your dog vaccinations.)
5.At the airport, you will meet your dog for the first time.
The stray dogs of Baoen temple in Shanghai not only don’t charge, but also pay the cost of spaying/neutering, vaccine and microchip. They only wish that the stray dogs could find their forever homes.
The adoption family only pays the cost of the air ticket (currently is $200) and the cost of going out of the customs.
Cindy Fu [email protected]