LMC Susu Scholarship
Welcome to the LMC Susu Scholarship. This scholarship was established in the Fall of 2023 to honor the life of Yuhua Su (Susu), and to continue her legacy of love, volunteering and giving to the LMC family and the community. It is a testament to the bond we built as a community, and how this bond cannot be broken, even when faced with death. Together we can make our community a better place!
The LMC Susu Scholarship is an annual based scholarship that focuses on rewarding high school students, who demonstrate academic excellence, have significant volunteering contributions to the LMC community, and are an inspiration to more youths to volunteer for LMC.
Conditions of Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a Junior or Senior high schooler in broader Seattle area
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed accumulative at least 50 hours of volunteer service in LMC
Mandatory Application Checklist
- Copy of your transcript to demonstrate your academy in current school year
- A personal statement (500 words or less) describing your volunteer experience and how it has impacted your life and the lives of others.
The scholarship committee will select 4 recipients based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Volunteer experience
- Personal statement
Each of the four scholarship recipients will receive a one-time award of $500 and a certificate.
How to Apply
The first award application window opens between Dec 1 to Dec 31 of 2023. The scholarship recipients will be notified by Jan 15 2024. To apply, please complete the application form here
The subsequent award will be annual with the application window open between July 1 and Sept 15 each year. The scholarship recipient will be notified by Sept 30. The timeline is subject to change.
How to Support the Scholarship
We want to grow the impact of this scholarship and expand our ways to recognize youths who leave a mark in our community. Your support will allow us to add new initiatives and impact the lives of many excellent youths. We are very grateful for your support. All your donations will be used in this scholarship only.
- Click the Search and Enter Little Masters Club as the cause in your company’s benevity.org site, and follow the donation link and add a memo for “LMC Susu Scholarship”
- Or Zelle to [email protected] with memo for “LMC Susu Scholarship”
Questions? Please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Funding of the Susu Scholarship comes from generous donation from Mrs. Susu’s family and friends, and general public donation and company match to this specific funding account. The application review and selection committee of Susu Scholarship (“the Committee” hereafter) is composed of Susu’s family members and friends (with no LMC board members and project leads participation). The Committee is committed to the fairness of this scholarship process, but reserves the right to review and adjust the awards at any time when necessary.