Interested in gaining real-world project experience and making a difference in the local community?
The team at Bloodworks Northwest (One of the largest blood bank and research institution in the Pacific Northwest) is looking for motivated high school students with strong leadership and problem-solving skills to join our outreach project team.
We will be working on 5 months of comprehensive project planning and execution to spread blood donation awareness in various high schools at the Bellevue and Redmond area.
As a part of our team, you will be working directly with project leaders from Bloodworks Northwest, the Little Masters Club, and the Young Leaders Program to plan for and execute the outreach effort.
There are many benefits that you can get by joining our team:
- Gain real-world work experience
- Hone your problem-solving and public-speaking skills
- Earn volunteer/community service credits
- Opportunities to volunteer/intern at the Bloodworks Northwest
- Networking with professionals and college students
- Making a life-saving impact in the local communities
Comments from our past participants:
“This project was both fun and a valuable experience. I learned about the importance of donating blood so other people who need it can use it. What I enjoyed most about this project is getting to educate others in my community about blood donations. Most of the audience said they learned a lot and had fun with the games we organized. Overall, I think this project is a good opportunity to develop leadership, event planning, and public speaking skills while helping the larger community. I decided to continue volunteering at Bloodworks after this project was done.” – Wendi Z
About the Blood Donation Outreach Project
The goal of this project is to generate blood donation awareness to high school students and their
parents. We plan to achieve this goal by hosting a series of blood donation awareness events
throughout various high schools. Specifically, the outreach effort will help to increase the number of
people who will participate in the upcoming blood drives that will be hosted across various high school
The project will runs from January 12th to May 18th, 2019. The project will be administered by the team
from Bloodworks Northwest and will be managed by project leaders from the Little Masters Club and
the Young Leaders Program.
Throughout your participation, you will be working closely with Bloodworks Northwest and the project
leaders to do the following:
- Create an event blueprint and outreach schedule
- Create and launch a promotion campaign to attract an audience
- Design outreach materials and presentation
- Perform an outreach by delivering an engaging presentation about blood donation at various
- Analyze outreach results and write a project report
- Present analysis result and project report to the Bloodworks Northwest executives
Important Project Requirements
Admitted students will be required to fulfill the following requirements:
- Attend all weekly planning meetings (Every Saturday throughout the project)
- Participate actively in the event planning process
- Help the team to organize the event
- Participate actively in post-event discussions and the final presentation
- Deliver a short essay about personal experience throughout the project
Interested? Act fast and apply through the following link https://goo.gl/forms/D8cVtTJW5VWJeStm2
Space is very limited and you only have until January 1st to apply.
If you have any questions, contact our project manager, Wesley Tanoto, at [email protected]