PLEASE HAVE THE PARENT AND APPLICANT READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING!
The AnKang Education Support project is designed for American kids to provide educational support to the underprivileged children in rural regions or Ankang, China. We plan to organize appropriate activities and lessons to the local students and raise funds to promote book donations. We expect to enhance the participating kids’ appreciation of their convenient life styles in modern cities and their willingness to contribute to the development of the underprivileged societies.
The dates of the 2018 session are June 30 - July 6. You must be able to participate for the entire duration of the session in order to apply.
We are seeking participants with passion for teaching students and have the maturity and responsibility to lead in a classroom environment. Each participant will be expected to prepare activity lessons in areas such as arts and crafts, dance, sports, or other of your choice; one lesson of the subject you plan to teach per day.
Participants will cover their costs for the duration of the trip. Costs are estimated to be at $400 per participant, which includes food, housing, and local activities that take place during the program. This will also help cover the cost of the chaperones. Other personal expenses such as flight tickets and visa application fees are excluded and will be taken care of by individual participants.
Requirements (selection guidelines):
- Have experience working with children and teaching
- Be independent- must be responsible and mature
- Works well with other people- cooperative and willing to communicate with others
- Motivated towards making a difference
- Ability to communicate in Chinese
- Be an active participant in fundraising and other group activities within the camp
- Complete our application form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KH-JoBB7q4QAaU2JH-J5ftCbd--Qfs9LNxF8mj0kltY/edit?usp=drive_web
- Participant information
- Application form